New York Attorneys Representing People Injured by Prescription Drug Malpractice
Medication errors are a violation of the trust a patient puts not only on the doctor but the entire medical community. In most cases, medical professionals live up to expected standards, treating patients with proper and timely care and prescribing appropriate and effective medications. But sometimes, the wrong medication or the wrong dosage of a medication is prescribed either due to an erroneous diagnosis or negligence by the doctor, hospital staff or pharmacy. The New York City law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff LLP, represents people who have been injured due to medical malpractice. When it comes to representing a client with a prescription drug malpractice case, you can depend on our knowledge and skill.
The most common error where medication is concerned is the volume of dosage given to patients. Our New York medical malpractice prescription drug lawyers can handle every type of error, including:
- Diagnostic error, such as misdiagnosis leading to an incorrect choice of therapy, failure to use an indicated diagnostic test, misinterpretation of test results and failure to act on abnormal results.
- Equipment failure, such as defibrillators with dead batteries or intravenous pumps whose valves are easily dislodged or bumped, causing increased doses of medication over too short a period.
- Infections, such as nosocomial and post-surgical wound infections.
- Blood transfusion-related injuries, such as incompatible blood transfusions
- Misinterpretation of other medical orders, such as failing to give a patient a salt-free meal, as ordered by a physician.
The quality of healthcare and medication is very high in this country with superb standards other countries observe and assimilate into their own healthcare systems. When medication errors occur and result in personal injuries and fatalities, it is a blight not only to our medical system but to our country itself.
If you would like a free consultation about your prescription drug malpractice claim, please contact us.